Hi! Welcome to the Kolor Me Kid art blog. Along with some wonderful instructors, I have been teaching art in afterschool programs, Montessori Schools, and private schools in the Chicagoland area for the last ten years. I’d love to share some of the lessons and students work we have done over those years.

Friday, August 28, 2009

"Cat Noir" Fall Poster Art Lesson

Theohile-Alexandre Stinlen's "Cat Noir" with it's black cat and bright orange background lends itself so well to a fall lesson.

So many of my students seem to be natural poster artists by the fact that they always want to write words all over they're drawings i.e. "this is my..." and I always seem to be telling them they can't, but with our poster lesson they finally got their chance.
In this lesson the students learn about the art of the poster. We talk about theohile-Alexandre Stinlen and they are shown some of his work along with other famous poster art.


Student Work







No comments:

Post a Comment